I am a huge Neil Gaiman fan and masochistic completist when it comes to collecting his work. The Graveyard Book won various awards including the prestigious Newbery Medal.
Subterranean Press published a limited edition 500 numbered and 26 lettered edition of the Graveyard Book and accepted pre-orders for it way back in Sept 2008. In order to reward those who paid upfront and put up with the half-year wait until its release, Subterranean published a register listing the names of people who pre-ordered.
In addition, this handsome volume contained exclusive content not found in the earlier editions:
– New and very different design from the Harpers and Bloomsbury editions
– New illustrations by Dave McKean
– New photographic sections adding atmosphere under the title pages at the beginning, and under the Interlude chapter
– Use of two colour and duotone throughout
– Full colour section at the end, with alternate covers, roughs and sketches.
– Hardbound in cloth and marbled paper
– Signed by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean
Numbered 261 of 500.
I'm on page 327! Not 42!