The London 2012 Olympics is well underway. To celebrate, LEGO released an exclusive special edition line of Team GB minifigures. These are similar to the Minifigures blind packs released thus far, although there are nine different figures in a complete set instead of 16 for the other Minifigures series. Each box contains 60 foil packs, which should contain at least 6 complete sets per box. Overall, there some nice designs with unique pieces for each minifigure. Mix and match for different combinations or for your own MOC.
The nine Team GB figures are:
- Brawny Boxer Punching his way to the top, this lean machine in blue is ready to float like a butterfly and sting like a bee for Team GB!
- The Stealth Swimmer Like a fish in the water, the Stealth Swimmer is ready to torpedo through the water into pole position.
- Relay Runner Sprinting to reach the winning line, could this give Team GB a relay team victory?
- Judo Fighter Taking down her opponent’s one at a time, this mistress of martial arts knocks down anything in her way to grasp that gold medal.
- Tactical Tennis Player First on the court in his gleaming whites, this tennis ace will knock the white socks off of any competition.
- Flexible Gymnast Balance and co-ordination is the name of the game for this agile Olympic contender.
- Wondrous Weightlifter Powerlifting his personal best, the crowd looks on as this burley guy weighs up his chances of going for gold.
- Horseback rider Riding her way to the last hurdle, this athlete won’t be horsing around when it comes to winning!
- Agile Archer Complete with bow in hand, let’s hope this little fella will be on target on the day!
Thanks to Toy Station who sold me a complete set without requiring me to buy an entire box.
Set of 9 sealed foil packs
Front and back design of foil pack. Note that the figures are of the inferior sort manufactured in China.
As with other minifigures series, the pattern of bumps indicate the contents of the packs (see circled).
Instruction sheet (front) serves as a checklist of the series.
Instruction sheet (back). Easy to follow universal instructions for the series.
Standard contents of each pack include a white base with Team GB printed and a gold medal piece.
Archer has one eye closed to take aim and a black archery glove
Boxer has boxing gloves instead of the claw hands
Gymnast includes a balance beam accessory
Judo fighter has feminine curves
Tennis player with racquet
Weightlifter is able to lift weights with one hand.
Relay runner with a nice hair-piece and a baton accessory. I believe the tag "1948" refers to the year when London last hosted the games.
Swimmer in Speedos instead of those modern swimsuits they use these days.
Horseback rider comes with hair and riding hat as one accessory.
The full line-up.
They all fit nicely in a $2 Daiso display case.