21 June 2010

Storm Lion book signing

Storm Lion launched their artbook "Turbulence" last Saturday at Kinokuniya. I headed down with my stash of Edmund Shern-penned books and picked up a copy of "Mateki: The Magic Flute" during the Kinokuniya sale for his autograph.

I told Edmund I looked forward to the Freedom Formula movie adaptation and also asked him why there was a change in artists midway through the mini-series. He replied that Kai could not complete the project then and he had to be replaced.

Here are the photos of the event as well as my loot for the day.



The Storm Lion crew


Signing my copies of the FCBD Storm Lion comic book


"This is already going for $2 on eBay."



Edmund Shern signing my set of Freedom Formula


Edmund Shern signing my copy of Mateki: The Magic Flute



My signed copies of FCBD Storm Lion


Freedom Formula - signed by Edmund Shern (issues 1-5) and Kai (issues 1-2)



Mateki: The Magic Flute. Adapted by Edmund Shern, illustrations by Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy, Vampire Hunter D, Sandman: The Dream Hunters)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous24 June, 2010

    Kai is still with Imaginary Friends right? Probably that's why he couldn't finish the comic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is. I do suspect there might have been creative differences along the way though.

    ReplyDelete