02 August 2010

Jay Chou 周杰倫 - The Era World Tour (Singapore leg)

This is only the second Chinese concert that I've attended my whole life. The adventure began three months back as I tried in vain to secure tickets to Jay Chou's concert. His legion of fans (and man, they are legion!) crashed the online booking system the minute ticket sales began. I took a trip to the ticketing agent at Wisma Atria to find that a long queue had already formed, so I went back empty handed after I logged in to find that tickets had sold out within two hours or so. The queue had also not moved for half an hour while I was waiting. They announced a second concert date and this sold out within a couple hours as well much to the dismay of fans who were unable to log in to the ticketing system and purchase tickets.

They announced a third date and this time the ticketing agents limited the number of log ins to the system at any one time to allow buyers to pay for the tickets before being timed out from the system. So it was third time lucky for me as I finally managed to snare 11 tickets for family, friends and their friends.

We went about our business until the big day when 9000 fans converged on the Indoor Stadium to watch Jay put on arguably the greatest show of the three nights he was in town (or so I heard). He went down to the floor area twice to shake hands with fans instead of once compared to his earlier shows... that plus the fact he threw in 霍元甲 as the closing song which was not performed at any other venue on this tour to date.

So here's the setlist as far as I can recall (and I can't recall very well). This is the first and probably the last time you'll see me writing Chinese characters in my posts.

1)龍戰騎士
2)跨時代
3)蛇舞 (feat. Lara 梁心頤)
4)愛在西元前
5)我不配
6)嘻哈空姐
7)威廉古堡
8)魔術先生
9)黑色幽默 (feat. Cindy 袁詠琳)
10)說好的幸福呢
11)你是我的OK绷 (feat. 浪花兄弟)
12)稻香
13)陽光宅男
14)龍捲風
15)煙花易冷
16)免費教學錄影帶
17)時光機
18)爸,我回來了
19)雨下一整晚
20)愛的飛行日記
21)簡單愛
22)超人不會飛
23)以父之名
24)開不了口
25)給我一首歌的時間
26)可愛女人
27)說了再見
28)東風破
29)雙截棍
30)霍元甲















No comments:

Post a Comment