This blog was never meant for breaking news... that is until today when I accepted an invitation to a media preview of the Iron Man CollARTible Exhibition at the Singapore Philatelic Museum. This is only my second visit to the museum of stamps, having given up stamp-collecting back in my pimply secondary school days.
It was really nice to receive the VIP treatment and the bonus was meeting all the enthusiastic organizers and fellow fans. Here's a shoutout to fellow public servants - Norfaiz, Shaun (who has an amazing toy collection himself), Mishelle and Jocelyn as well as the crew from Action City and Falcon's Hangar - Roy, Clifford and Alex. Do give this charming place a visit if you can over the next month.
I reproduce excerpts from the press release:
IRON MAN ARTISTS WORKS ON SHOW - FIRST TIME IN SINGAPORE FOR A LIMITED PERIOD!
Featuring Iron Man one-of-a-kind figures created by world-acclaimed collectible figure designers, and the world's first life-sized War Machine
For the very first time in Singapore, one-of-a-kind customised figures of Iron Man will be making a speacial appearance at the Singapore Philatelic Museum from 9 October to 21 November 2010. Creted by world-acclaimed collecible figure designers from USA, Japan, Korea and Hong Kong, these extraordinary figures and a towering seven-foot tall statue of War Machine are sure to wow fans of the Marvel Comic superhero which saw its movie sequel launch in Singapore in April 2010. The "Iron Man CollARTible Exhibition" is jointly organised by Singapore Philatelic Museum and Big Box International Pte Ltd, and is on the third stop of a four-leg travelling show in Asia.
Highlights of the exhibition include:
- 21 customised Iron Man figures created by leading designers from USA, Japan, Korea and Hong Kong. The 1:6 scale figures are on the third stop of a four-leg travelling show including Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and Singapore. Singapore is the only stop in Southeast Asia.
- Life-sized figure of War Machine, Iron Man's trusty partner-in-arms.
- Stamps and philatelic materials featuring Iron Man and other superheroes, from USA. These items are from the museum's Universal Postal Union collection that contains philatelic items from around the world.
- Limited edition Iron Man figures wearing different 'Markks' to show the evolution of the superhero's suit. The figures are in 1:6 scale.
- Vintage Iron Man comics including "The Invincible Iron Man #1" produced in May 1968.
Venue: Singapore Philatelic Museum, 23-B Coleman St, S(179807)
Date: 9 Oct - 21 Nov 2010
Opening hours: Mon (1pm - 7pm); Tue - Sun (9am - 7pm)
Admission charge: Adult $5.00; Free admission for Singaporea and PR child, student and senior citizens; Foreign child (3-12 years and senior citizens (60 years and above) $4.00; Free admission for all on 10 Oct 2010 and 21 November 2010
Brochures from the press kit
Our wonderful hosts (l-r): Mishelle, Jocelyn and Shaun
Hot Toys official Iron Man releases and Iron Man Cosbabies
Iron Man Comics
Iron Man Philatelic materials (stamps, postcards